Eye Infection Treatment in New Port Richey, FL
Your eyes are one of the most important parts of your body. They control how you perceive and enjoy the world around you. Eye infections, for that reason, can quickly become frustrating to deal with. If you're noticing persistent eye pain or eye strain, you should get help immediately.
Schedule a vision and eye health consultation now: please call (727) 240-3424 or contact Maharajh Acupuncture & Herb Shoppe online.
Types of Eye Infections
One of the most common types of eye infections is conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye. Pink is a viral condition that is highly contagious. It results in eye discoloration, comfort, redness inflammation and a buildup of hard mucus. Some other types of eye infections include:
- Allergic reactions
- Keratitis (infection with parasites or fungus)
- Trachoma (infection caused by unsanitary environment)
- Endophthalmitis (interior eye infection)
There are many ways to identify an eye infection. These are some of the signs of an eye infection:
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
If you're noticing one or more of these symptoms, you may have developed an eye infection. Certain people are more susceptible to contracting an eye infection, including those who wear contacts.
What Causes Eye Infections?
There are numerous eye infection causes. Most eye infections, regardless of the type, are likely caused by one of the following:
- Harmful chemicals
- Blocked or impacted tear ducts
Eye infections are nearly impossible to self-diagnose, and can often seem to occur for no particular reason at all. Some eye infections are mild, and will go away with time and proper hygiene. In most cases, seeing a doctor experienced in vision and eye treatment is necessary.
Eye Infection Treatment
Eye infection treatment options are varied. Treatment options for pink eye and other eye infections include:
- Eye drops: For bacterial eye infections, a doctor may recommend antibiotic eye drops to help clear up the infection. Similar antibiotic ointments are available and often recommended for children and infants.
- Allergy treatments: If your eye infection is determined to be allergic in nature, treatment such as antihistamines and anti-inflammatory drugs may prove to be the most effective option.
- Pain medication: For some eye infections, the recommended option is to simply allow the infection to “run its course.” In these scenarios, over-the-counter pain medications may help.
If you're struggling with an eye infection, don't try to wait it out. Schedule an eye infection consultation today: please call (727) 240-3424 or contact Maharajh Acupuncture & Herb Shoppe online.
Maharajh Acupuncture & Herb Shoppe
Address5805 Main St
New Port Richey, FL 34652
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm