Physical Exams in Powder Springs, GA
The key to preventing illness is to detect it early, but this knowledge is easy to neglect when we're feeling well. The problem is many conditions don't begin to show any symptoms until they've progressed to a dangerous point. That is why it's essential to visit a health care facility at least once a year for a physical examination.
While a visit to a doctor for a physical is different for each patient based on their personal situation and needs, there are several common elements that make their way into each exam. Here are just a few:
During the first part of your visit will likely begin with the simplest step: your doctor will ask you how you've been feeling. During this time your physician may also discuss your dietary and exercise routines as well as any negative habits you may have such as smoking. Your doctor will also review your immunization records to ensure that you are current on all of your vaccinations.
Physical Exam Cost
If you want to find out what can be the overall physical exam cost for your specific needs, call (770) 674-6311 or contact Natural Medical Solutions Wellness Center online.
Following an initial consultation, your doctor will likely begin the physical examination portion of your visit. The purpose of each test is to determine early signs of a problem and to address them before they escalate. Some of the tests performed during the physical exam include:
- Blood pressure Test: A normal blood pressure measurement is 120 over 80. Anything at or above 140 over 90 indicates the onset of hypertension .
- Heart Rate Test: A healthy heart beats between 60 and 100 beats per minute.
- Respiration Rate: This is a measurement of how many breaths you take in a minute. A count of 16 is considered normal, but 20 times or more could be a sign of lung or heart problems.
- Cholesterol Test: Four measurements of the fat cells (lipids) in your blood. They are your total cholesterol, high-density lipoproteins, low-density lipoproteins, and triglycerides.
- Diabetes Test: A measurement of the glucose in your blood . A desirable level is below 200 milligrams per deciliter of blood. 240 milligrams or above is considered high.
- Heart Exam: Your doctor listen for any signs of an irregular heartbeat, heart murmur, or heart disease.
- Lung Exam: Your physician listen for crackles, wheezing, or decreased breath.
- Head and Neck Exam: An examination of your dental health, tonsils, ears, nose, sinuses, eyes, lymph nodes, thyroid, and carotid arteries.
- Abdominal Exam: Performed by hand to check for any tenderness, abnormal liver size, or abdominal fluid buildup.
- Neurological Exam: Testing the nerves, muscle strength, reflexes, balance, and mental sharpness.
- Colon Cancer Screening: Recommended for anyone between the ages of 50 and 75.
Gender Specific Exams
Some tests are specific to male and female patients. These include examinations of the reproductive organs to seek out any sexually transmitted diseases or potential signs of cancer.
Areas of examination for male patients:
- Testicles: Your doctor will look for lumps, signs of tenderness, or a change in size
- Penis lesions such as warts or ulcers
- Hernia test performed to identify a weakening in the abdominal wall
Areas of examination for female patients:
- Reproductive organs such as the vulva, vagina, and cervix
- Bone density test performed to seek out signs of osteoporosis
Natural Medical Solutions Wellness Center
Address1130 Upper Hembree Rd.
Roswell, GA 30076
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Areas We Service:Jacksonville, FL, Macon, GA, Savannah, GA, Canton, GA, Woodstock, GA, Acworth, GA, Austell, GA, Marietta, GA, Powder Springs, GA, Smyrna, GA, Cumming, GA, Alpharetta, GA, Atlanta, GA, Duluth, GA, Norcross, GA, Suwanee, GA, Gainesville, GA, Dallas, GA, Jasper, GA, Cobb, GA